I can't tell you how excited we are about SocialDevCamp East on Saturday. We've heard from so many of you saying that this is exactly the event you wanted, and we have high hopes that we'll have an engaging event that we'll want to repeat in the fall.
We've been busy doing all kinds of things in preparation. As this is a user-powered un-conference, here's your to-do list:
1) Visit the wiki page at http://barcamp.pbwiki.com/SocialDevCampEast
2) Be sure you're signed up as an attendee (or volunteer or sponsor) on the Wiki page (password is c4mp); if you do not list yourself there, there *will not* be enough food for everyone.
2) Know where you're going. Study the map and photos on the Wiki page.
3) Bug your friends. If there are people who *should* be at this event that are not listed, please reach out to them. We want smart people with interesting perspectives. Be sure they are there.
4) If you're not coming, please use Facebook to indicate that now; we need as accurate a picture as possible so we have room for everyone who wants to be there.
5) *Think* about the sessions you want to propose and/or lead. Remember, this is an unconference. Everybody should be prepared to lead and share. Lurking is strongly discouraged.
6) Be prepared to make a monetary contribution of at least $10-$20 (if you are not already a sponsor). While a contribution is not mandatory, we are over $1000 in the red right now. If everyone pitches in $10-$20, we can cover all of our costs and have some funds to cover some more food and beer at the afterparty.
7) Bring your brain. Seriously, don't leave home without it. Everyone is expected to contribute.
SDCE will be featured on WYPR 88.1FM Baltimore this afternoon at 5:30pm, on the Digital Café with Mario Armstrong. We'll have some other press at the event as well. This is a great opportunity to showcase all the activity in our region! It's not all about the valley!
We are at over 160 people now and this should allow us to have some great conversations.
Looking forward to seeing ALL of you on Saturday!
Dave, Ann, Keith, and Jennifer